Connecting Disruptive Innovators
The recent posts I’ve written about innovation and entrepreneurism in NE Wisconsin have got me thinking about all the good things and interesting times that could result from a well-connected regional disruptive innovators network. That train of thought led me to write this Friday evening post about actively working on connecting disruptive innovators in the region.
Connecting those disrupters will lead to increased innovation in the region, new worthwhile personal relationships, fun and productive activities, and a plethora of other possibilities. I’m looking forward to the challenge of connecting these like-minded people because it will pay dividends for the region, for the disrupters and for me.
Connection Plan Next Steps
So today’s post is a brief look at my current plan for connecting NE Wisconsin’s disruptive innovators. I’m just getting started, and the plan is sure to change with time, but as of August 5, 2016, my Next Steps are:
- Recruit a couple more people for the core team connecting NE Wisconsin disruptive innovators.
- Define disruptive innovation and give a broad outline of who a disruptive innovator is.
- Define where and what “NE Wisconsin” is.
- Build a website for NE Wisconsin disruptive innovators.
- Do extensive online research to identify as many of the region’s disruptive innovators as possible. Make a list of disrupters and people (bridge contacts) who might know disrupters. Use a Google doc to organize the results of my research and to create a background document about NE Wisconsin disruptive innovators.
- While doing above research, also gather and organize information about what’s happening in other regions with TIE communities, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurial swarming. Also gather info about how these issues impact a region’s economy.
- Develop an outline of topics and questions to discuss with the disruptive innovators and people who might know of innovators in NE Wisconsin.
- Talk with people who might be disrupters or bridge contacts.
- Connect all the people who are interested in being part of the NE Wisconsin disruptive innovators network, as well as the larger NE Wisconsin TIE community (tech, innovators, entrepreneurs).
Three requests for readers of this post:
- If you’d like to discuss this NE Wisconsin innovation project, or you know you’d like to help connect the region’s TIE community and disruptive innovators, please contact Bob Waldron at bwaldron (at) gmail [dott] com.
- If you’re a tech, innovator, or entrepreneur type person and want to be connected with other people in the NE Wisconsin TIE community (especially if you’re a disruptive innovator!), please contact me.
- If you know of any NE Wisconsin tech, innovator, or entrepreneur type people, please let me know who they are. In addition to their names and other details like companies or projects they’re involved with, if you have contact info you can share, that will be fantastic!